Pick up an 8GB iriver E100 for $59 comment: 5
| Wednesday, December 24 (2008) 07:28PM | Posted by Michael
|The E100 wasn't iriver's best player; it wasn't their worst either. After using it for a few weeks I'd say it was an "OK" attempt but nothing special. I liked its strong build and simplistic design, but the sound quality didn't impress me and the interface could have been a lot nicer. |
It uses the same D-Click navigation as the clix series but detaches them from the borders of the screen. That may have worked well on the clix, but it's terrible on the E100. For example, in order to advance to the next song you press the bottom part of the D-pad, as opposed to the right side like every other player. Counter-intuitiveness FTL!
If you can get past the E100's faults, you can buy yourself an 8GB model for just $59 at Walmart.
- Capacity: 8GB Plus MicroSD slot
- Display: 2.4" QVGA
- Audio: MP3, WMA, Ogg, and FLAC
- Video: MPEG-4, Xvid, and WMV SP
- FM Tuner/Recorder, Voice recorder
- Built-in speaker
- Battery Life: 17 hrs for audio, 5 hrs for video
- Dimensions: 92.8 x 47.8 x 11.3mm (59g)